When someone says “keywords” or “search” w.r.t businesses, our immediate association is often with Google. And rightfully so, since it’s one of the biggest search engines, one that is globally used to search anything and everything with the help of keywords that we input.
This is also why brands strive to have their products appear on the first page of Google’s search engine results page (SERP), hoping to sway customers in their favor over competitors.
However, for e-commerce businesses, ranking only on Google isn’t sufficient.
It’s important for businesses that are present on Amazon, Flipkart, etc. to rank on these platforms as well.
Why you ask?
The answer is simple: visibility!
Here’s a small example: You want to gift your friend a face pack, but you are unsure of their skin type. You turn to Amazon to find a face pack that caters to all skin types.
You see that there are multiple results showing up when you look for “all skin types face pack”. Now, unless you have already made up your mind on what product to buy or are loyal to a particular brand- you are most likely to pick a face pack from one of the options that you see on the first page.
This is exactly why it’s important for a business to be on top of the “share of search” for their brand on such platforms.
What is Share of Search?
As per SEMrush– “Share of search is the volume of search queries for a given brand in proportion to all of the search queries for all the brands in a category.”
This simply means that the share of search represents the proportion of your brand’s presence on the first page of search results or the frequency with which your brand appears for a specific keyword or within a specific category (in this case, face packs) when compared to your competitors.
If you look closely at the screenshot above, you’ll observe that Biotique appears twice among the first ten search results for the input keyword, contributing to a 20% share of search.
Now let’s take a look at the keyword treemap by 42Signals for Biotique on Amazon, which shows the trend of share of search for the brand. This treemap shows the keywords that Biotique ranks for on the first page of Amazon.
These are a few keywords that the brand ranks for on the first page of Amazon, including “all skin type face pack” which we looked for in the screenshot above.
Why Biotique Should Focus on its Share of Search
Here are a few key reasons Biotique should focus on their share of search on Amazon using digital shelf analytics:
- Competitive Edge: Maintaining a prominent share of search on Amazon allows Biotique to gain a competitive advantage over other brands in their category.
- Enhanced Visibility: A higher share of search translates to increased visibility among potential customers, leading to higher chances of product discovery and purchase.
- Brand Loyalty: Consistently appearing on the first page builds brand recognition and customer loyalty, as users become more familiar with Biotique’s products.
- Optimized Marketing Strategies: Insights from digital shelf analytics tools like 42Signals can help Biotique fine-tune its marketing strategies and tailor their product offerings to match consumer preferences.
- Market Expansion: Biotique can identify emerging trends and keywords through digital shelf analytics, enabling them to expand their product range in response to evolving consumer demands.
- Conversion Rate Improvement: A strong presence on Amazon’s first page can lead to a higher conversion rate, as customers are more likely to trust and choose products from reputable brands.
- Data-Driven Decision Making: Utilizing digital shelf analytics tools empowers Biotique to make data-driven decisions, optimize product listings, and allocate resources more efficiently.
Incorporating digital shelf analytics into their Amazon strategy, particularly with tools like 42Signals, can significantly bolster Biotique’s online presence and drive growth.